Students will learn:
- The basics about sex trafficking - what is it, how it happens, tactics traffickers use and red flags to watch out for.
- How to protect themselves, both offline and online.
- To reach out to a trusted adult for help for themselves or a friend. They will also receive information on which community agencies are available to support young people.
- Creating a safe space
- Icebreaker: True or False
- Understanding sex trafficking
- Safety planning & getting help
- Wrap-up & resource support
Resources to Download
Here are the resources needed for this module. Contact us to request a copy of the module slide deck: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Module Overview - includes all the information to get you started
- Video - What is sex trafficking?
- FAQs and student resources
To access the Ontario government's human trafficking digital education tool to use in your classroom, register here.