The youth we serve are as diverse as our community. Just like everyone else, they have hopes, dreams and the right to a bright future. The odds may seem stacked against them, but thousands of youth have found a path forward through the programs and services we provide, thanks to your donations.
A snapshot of our youth
left home before they turned 181.
come from average to upper-income households2.
have experience with the child welfare system3.
of trafficking victims are under 18 years old4.
“I’m grateful that Covenant House connected me with the employment program. That is what set me on my path.”
They have much to overcome
- 51% left home because of abuse 5
- 23% were diagnosed with a long-term physical health issue or disability6
- 61% of trafficking victims reported immediate health concerns7
- 81% of trafficking victims reported issues with mental health8
They all have potential
Our youth are resilient and have hope for a better future. They just need help getting there. Many have never felt a sense of control over themselves or their future.
We help them move forward and regain their feeling of power.
- Covenant House Toronto Youth Survey (Summer 2019). Derived from an anonymous sample size of 147. Please note that statistics about the youth who stay at Covenant House Toronto may differ from national statistics due to sample size and demographics.
- Covenant House Toronto administrative data (2018).
- Covenant House Toronto Youth Survey (Summer 2019).
- Covenant House Toronto Anti-Human Trafficking Services (Fiscal 2018-19 Annual Statistics).