Serves 6 people
- 6 large handful of kale, washed and dried chopped
- 1 handful of fresh parsley and mint (chopped finely)
- 3 stalks of celery (sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (diced or sliced)
- 10 - 20 cherry tomatoes
- 20 blueberries, blackberries or strawberries
- 1 c almonds or your favourite nut or seed like pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp to 4 TBSP vinaigrette dressing
- Place a large handful of mixed lettuce into a large salad bowl.
- Add chopped kale
- Add chopped fresh herbs
- Add 2 stalks of sliced celery
- Add dressing and mix to coat the salad.
- After you have added the dressing and coated the salad.
- Add sliced orange bell pepper
- Add berries blackberries
- Add tomatoes
- Add almonds
Simple Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or vinegar)
- 1 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 tsp honey/maple syrup/agave nectar
- 3/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ¼ tsp black pepper (or to taste
- ¾ cup olive oil (or combination of sunflower oil and olive oil)
Whisk or blend all the ingredients together (except oil) in a bowl or a blender, and then while still whisking/blending slowly add your oil. *note: if you would like to thin it out a bit, add a little bit of water and whisk/blend in until combined.
*store extra vinaigrette in the fridge and use for your next salad.