- 6 ripe plantains
- Vegetable/Canola Oil for frying
- Salt for seasoning
- Cut each end of plantain then start peeling them. Cut your plantains into slices (about an inch)
- In a deep frying pan/pot with at least 5 inches depth add your vegetable/canola oil to about to reach 2 ½ to 3 inches, *heat to 350 F
- Lightly fry for 2 minutes or until golden brown, flip over if needed.
- Remove plantain from the pan and with flat surface (like two lids) press the plantain flat (about ½ an inch).
- Add a pinch of salt for taste and serve on a plate ready to enjoy!
*note: watch the temperature of frying oil (with a thermometer should come to about 325 F to 350 F before frying.