From our Cooking for Life program, Chef instructor Danny Moon has served up a classic recipe that’s great for youth beginning their training and a favourite for those experienced in the kitchen. It’s versatile, so you can easily swap apples for a fruit that is in season.
- 6 apples, peeled and sliced into wedges
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup of oats
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- Mix apple wedges with ½ c sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Fill an 8x8 baking dish with the apples.
- Mix the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add butter and chop-mix together.
- Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes.